DIY EASY VINTAGE PHOTOBOOTH

Ever wanted to rent a real old fashioned photo booth for your event or party?  Have you actually priced these things??? It can start at $475 and go up.  FORGET THAT!  I have a great tutorial here on how to make your own and use it over and over again!  Be warned...however...your friends will all want to borrow it for their events too!

Here is what you will need:
*Optional*
  • 10 X 10 pop up canopy tent (around 100.00)
  • Yards of  cheap black fabric (8-10 or more)
  • bluetooth or airport printer
  • Light or work light to shine towards the people for the photo if it is dark. 
** If you don't have an iPad or don't want the three small pictures like an vintage photo booth prints out, then you can skip the iPad, the Photo Booth app, and iPad floor stand.  Instead, just have someone in charge of snapping pictures at the photo area.

If you follow these easy steps you will have pictures that print out like these:

                                                                DISCLAIMER:  I am not promoting smoking.  The "cigarettes" in these picture were candy cigarettes. 

If you choose to make a realistic photo booth, you will need the 10X10 canopy.  Once you put up the canopy, you can cover it with black fabric (as show below) to make it private for the users. I used the same clips  o clip on the fabric around the canopy as I have listed above to clip on the photo backdrop.  You can put a sign outside that says: "photo booth".  Put the photo backdrop stand together and clip the backdrop to the stand.  Put the bench or chairs in front of it.  Put the prop box inside filled with props and signs. Have the iPad on the iPad stand facing the bench and with the vintage photo booth app on.  You may or may not need to make directions and post them inside the booth on how to use the app.    You may want to take a few trial pictures before the party to have the iPad at the right  level from the bench.  The stand is moveable and bendable which helps so you can get the exact angle for the pictures. 

Here is the sign I hung outside the booth.  

This was the set up inside. I put the backdrop up with the photo backdrop stand and put a cute bench in front with my cute daughter to pose.


Here is the iPad on the stand and a box of props.  Many times you can either use things around your house for props or get things from the dollar store or make your own prop signs. 


Have your security code disabled on your iPad so no one will have to bother you about how to log on.  However if you can't do that, then post the password somewhere in the booth. 

As I stated previously, ou may have to post directions on how to use the app, but my friends didn't have a problem.  It was pretty self explanatory.  Sit down, press the button and change your pose each time the screen flashed.  

As far as getting your friends their pictures, you can do this one of two ways.  You can have a bluetooth or airport printer there for them to print out right there, which will cost a bit to get all the ink and paper.  The cheaper way is to upload all the pictures on a Facebook group page later or email them in a Google doc.  Then people can download them and print them if they want, saves you money and time.

Another option, which I have done in these pictures below, is that I did not have the "booth".  In other words, I did not set up the tent and black fabric or the iPad.  I just set up the backdrop and props and took pictures with my Cannon.  Here are some examples of that:


Another option is to set up the backdrop and the iPad with the Photo Booth app and stand, but with no tent and black fabric around it. I have done that as well even at a wedding. 

Now is your turn to make your own booth!  Let me know how it goes!  I use mine at EVERY event and then some! 











Comments

  1. Phenomenal Blog! I might want to thank for the endeavors you've produced in composing this post. I am trusting exactly the same best work from you down the road too.wedding photo booths near me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. drone aerial videography nashville

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fantastic! I have actually never ever read posts on this subject issue that made so much feeling. Read OUR post Your points are right on and solid as a rock! Décor your Special Day through the Best wedding photo booth hire Melbourne 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts